Monday, March 5, 2012

Excitement, Excitement!

Hello friends,
I have a lot of really exciting news. 
Firstly, we got nearly 70 signatures for the graduation pledge! 


I spent the weekend at home. Which was entirely splendid. While I pretty much sat on my butt for two days straight it was glorious just being with my parents and watching silly things on the television. We also went to a pretty cool almost-antique shop and ate donuts.


I got to interview two people for the school paper this block, instead of just one. Every three weeks my school has a graduation, and there is always a speaker there who I am lucky enough to have a nice chat with. But last week there was an Associates and a Bachelors graduation, so that meant two different speakers! Homaro Canutu of Moto, Future Foods, and Cantu Designs- and Jeffrey Kmiec of The Greenbrier. How cool! (Keep your eye peeled for the new issue of La Papillote for my piece!)

Also, I had emailed Harney and Sons about taking the campus tea club to their headquarters for a tour and tasting, and I heard back from them! Meeting with the appropriate party this week to get everything squared away.


And finally! 
I handed in my training agreement for Restaurant Daniel! Oh happy day.


I have so much to be joyous about. Tomorrow I start a new class; Basic and classical cakes. Sounds like a blast! I've heard really great thing about the Chef who teaches it, too. A little intimidated, because I do not really know anything about making beautiful cakes, but I suppose that's why I'm in the class! 

I really just want to dance in circles and give people flowers, I am so filled up with happiness!
I hope that you are feeling just as magical.
What brought you glee this weekend?
An abundance of love,
Paige
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had good time. Hope you'll enjoy your new class :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed reading your blog

    would you like to follow each other?
    check out my latest post
    www.fashion-footprints.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete