Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bakers can eat healthy, too!


Dinner tonight is lazy and comforting; Gunpowder green tea, chilled black bean and corn salad (my favorite!) with tasty avocado and Portuguese sweet bread baked up freshly by my dad. So yummy. 
As the snow has yet to melt and I have one more evening at home before returning to school so I spent the day lolling around with my mom after a trip to the Hong Kong Supermarket to load up on tea.
**
Today was a day of little luxuries, so I thought I would compile a list of a few of my favorite petite treats for celebrations of the close of long stressful weeks or simply a celebration of yourself. Because no matter how busy you are, you always have time to appreciate these teeny little beauties. 
 
Flickering flames of decadently scented candles
Over the top teacups for sipping serendipity
That perfect pen that makes your signature look lavish and glamorous
Foofy lotions and wild perfumes
Impromptu conversations with new found friends
Munchy-crunchy toast topped with divine jam or preserves
The love and kindness of a furry friend
Warm bunny slippers on chilly toes
And quiet moments enjoyed in your own company

What are your favorite little luxuries, and how do you make time for them throughout your days?
an abundance of love,
Paige

5 comments:

  1. looks so good!
    lovely blog

    www.ashfld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog dear..i'm your newest follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I wish I could cook anything beyond the sandwich-and-soda realm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks divine!! Delicious - oh YUMM!

    Luxuries .. well, my nightly chamomile tea would be one - such a comfort to the soul before bed with a good book ... and words with friends too! lol

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete