Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Eat slow, babe!


Last night I had the pleasure of going to a meeting of the Slow Food club. What Slow Food tries to do is support eating local, seasonal, and fair trade produce. It's all about supporting the people in your community who are making exceptional products, with an undercurrent of organic and bio-dynamic farming. It is heavily focused on produce and farming, but it also goes into other areas of the culinary industry, with wines, cheeses, olive oil, and even vinegars!
They plan a lot of trips to farms and craftspeople in the Hudson Valley, two coming up are going to be to a farm for a cheese-making class, and to Vinegar maker for a tour and chat. 
The people in this club work really hard to get out the idea of slow food, so I was thrilled to make it to a meeting. I'm hoping to be able to get more involved.



The Slow food group at my school is a college chapter, and they are all over the world. If it is something you think you may be interested in I highly recommend checking out their webpage. They are trying to get people away from processed, unhealthy foods and lifestyles- and are doing a really great job teaching people how to take steps toward sustainability. 
I really believe in this club, and am excited to see what I can do to help!
 http://www.slowfoodusa.org/
***

I am making pierogies in Cafe Savory today, very excited. Hoping to grab a big, beautiful spinach salad before class. Yesterday I got quite a treat in finding strawberry cheesecake set out during lunch, it was simply divine!
I am spending this weekend at home with my parents, I can not tell you how excited I am! Friday can not come quickly enough. 

How are you spending this weekend?
Also, what clubs would you like to be involved in?

An abundance of love,
Paige


1 comment:

  1. I'll check their website, I am very interested on this topic.
    Come to visit my blog and if you like let's follow each other on Bloglovin & Google Friend Connect!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete